View Additional "Plain Talk" TOPICS:
Plain Talk About
Now Lord, Thou dost let thy bondservant depart
In peace, according to Thy word;
For my eyes have seen Thy salvation,
Which Thou hast prepared in the presence of all peoples,
A LIGHT OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES.
And the glory of Thy people Israel.
Luke 2: 29- 32
Who is the Savior of mankind?
The Scriptures identify the Father and Son as, not only creator, but also as our Savior. The Father planned and initiated the process that Jesus completed by tasting death for all, arising to never ending life and being crowned Lord and King.
God- Titus 1: 3; 3: 4, 1 Timothy 1: 1; Luke 1: 47
Jesus- John 4: 42; Acts 13: 23; 1 John 4: 14
Many more passages could be cited but these should be sufficient.
From what does God save us?
According to the Scriptures we are all dead in trespasses and sins. We are lost. Except for the intervention of God, judgment and wrath await us.
What is the basis of our salvation?
The basis of salvation is:
This great grace was made know when God in love gave His Son who by the grace of God tasted death for everyone.
What is man’s first level or first order response to God’s grace?
What is man’s second level response to the grace of God?
The obedience that comes from faith in God is the second level response. James tells us that faith alone is dead and useless. As basic and essential as faith is, it is of no value if alone. Faith is incomplete and imperfect if alone
If you look up “salvation” and “saved” in a concordance, you will find the following factors are associated with these terms.
1. Endures to the end (Matthew 10: 22; 24: 13; Mark 13: 13; 1 Corinthians 15: 2;
1 Timothy 4: 16).
2. Lose your life (Matthew 16:25; Mark 8: 35; Luke 9: 24; 17: 33).
3. Believe/ Faith (Mark 16: 16; Luke 8: 12; Acts 16: 30, 31, Romans 10: 9;
1 Corinthians 1: 21; 1 Peter 1: 5, 9).
4 . Baptism (Mark 16: 16; 1 Peter 3: 21).
5. Forgiveness of sins (Luke 1: 77).
6. Enter the door (John 10: 9).
7 . Call on the name of the Lord (Acts 2: 21; Romans 10: 13).
8. Yourselves (Acts 2: 40; Philippians 2: 12).
9. Name of Christ (Acts 4: 12).
10. The word (Acts 11: 14; James 1: 21; 2 Timothy 3: 15).
11. Grace (Acts 15: 11, Ephesians 2: 5, 8).
12. Life of Christ (Romans 5: 10).
13. Hope (Romans 8: 24; 1 Thessalonians 5: 8).
14. Confess (Romans 10: 9, 10).
15. Preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 1: 18).
16. Gospel (1Corinthians15: 2; Romans 1: 16).
17. Love of the truth (2 Thessalonians 2: 10).
18. Child bearing (1 Timothy 2: 15).
19. Mercy of God (Titus 3: 5).
20. Washing of regeneration (Titus 3: 5).
21. Renewal of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3: 5; 2 Thessalonians 2: 13).
22. Draw near to (God (Hebrews 7: 25).
23. Turn a sinner from error (James 5: 20).
24. Repentance (2 Corinthians 7: 10).
25. In Christ (2 Timothy 2: 10).
26. Obedience (Hebrew 5: 9).
We cannot be saved by:
Salvation is based on faith not performance, but the faith that saves always performs.
There are several views of salvation. Some say salvation is by the grace of God alone. Others say that salvation is by grace through faith alone. Still others hold that salvation is through grace that obeys. Considering the above passages, all seem to be inadequate.
Any view of salvation that is worth its salt should have the potential of including all factors that lead to salvation. Therefore I suggest the following:
Salvation is by the Grace of God through Faith which Obeys by Love.
What must I do to be saved?
This is a far to important question a question to take my word for it. If you have done nothing else, check out these verses in your own Bible.
And they said, “Believe” in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved, you and your household (Acts 16: 31)
And Peter said to them, “Repent” and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2: 38)
I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins (John 8: 24)
I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish (Luke 13: 3)
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me” (Matthew 16: 24)
“Everyone therefore who shall confess Me before men, I will also confess before my Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 10: 32)
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3: 5)
Jesus therefore said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you shall have no life in yourselves. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day” (John 6: 53, 54)
And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, “Truly, truly, unless you are converted and become like children, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 18: 3)
Please contact us if we can be of assistance:
PO Box 1182
Oakdale, CA 95361
Last Update 09/26/12